First Lutheran Church of Venice (FLV) is seeking a Parish Administration Manager. This is a full-time role requiring on-site work at the church. Because we are believers in Jesus, we seek a fellow Christian to fill this role.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, excellent communication, highly organized, positive attitude, problem-solving capabilities, excellent computer skills and diplomacy.
- Design and preparation of print media including weekly worship service folders, seasonal mailings, and letters regarding upcoming special events.
- Weekly digital communications including coming events and prayer requests.
- Maintenance of the church’s website and digital content.
- Coordinates the prayer chain used to disseminate prayer requests to the people involved in the prayer ministry.
- Develops and maintains volunteer schedules for assisting with worship, fellowship, youth and community outreach activities. In conjunction with this provides weekly reminders of upcoming commitments.
- Maintains the church calendar of events and planned use of the church facilities.
- Serves as the initial contact for incoming requests both written and by phone to the church.
- Maintains records for members, vendors, council/voters’ meetings minutes, etc.
- Ensure preparation and submission of insurance-related legal documents, synod reports, etc.
- Act as main contact for most vendors
- Assists Head Trustee in coordinating with outside contractors
- Assists Treasurer and Financial Secretary to ensure timely processing of receipts and payments
- Oversees several human resource tasks including benefit plan administration, new hire on-boarding documentation and personnel files.
- Shepherd and train volunteer office staff
- Manage procurement of worship and office supplies.
- Coordinate with the music director for documents such music licenses and worship materials
- Experience with general office and human resource procedures
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and social media management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Committed Christian
You may send your resume and cover letter to office@FLVenice.org.